Re: GPG Keysigning at FUDCon

Nicolas Mailhot said the following on 01/03/2008 01:53 AM Pacific Time:
Le mercredi 02 janvier 2008 à 17:30 -0800, John Poelstra a écrit :

My key has expired and it is also associated with my Fedora account which raises a few questions

You can easily extend the validity of a key which has expired. This way
you get the security of a key that does hara-kiri after a while if you
lose it, and the convenience of a stable long-term key.

Regards,

Correct :)

I looked into it more and changed the expiration by:

1) gpg --edit <key> and then option "expire"
2) gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --send-keys <key> to make change public