Re: Review swaps

On 07 Jan 2008 17:03:10 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs math uh edu> wrote:
> One problem is that they all seem to be Java packages, and we still
> neither have Java packaging guidelines nor anyone willing sufficiently
> understanding of Java packaging to help write them.
>
> If you'd be willing to help, please let me know.  I'm willing to help
> with packaging committee stuff (and I'll help review your packages)
> but I just don't understand Java well enough to write guidelines.

I don't know that I'm sufficiently experienced with Java packaging to
be helpful, but I've had a lot of experience with pedanticalness.
Surely that qualifies me for writing guidelines! :-)

Seriously, though, I'll be happy to give whatever help I can.  I can
start by reviewing both the Java-related material on the wiki and
whatever guidelines I can find on jpackage.org.  Has anybody compiled
any kind of list of problems encountered with Java packages?
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/