Re: Show Details on Bootup

On January 1, 2004 14:39, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> Not to worry, Randall... I've been around Linux for a while now, and I
> couldn't find anything in the release notes to answer your question either.
> Perhaps Simon didn't understand your question and provided an answer to
> "how do I set up my computer to use the graphical boot" instead of "how do
> I always show details in the graphical boot".

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I have never tested this solution, but this is how
I would do it: in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, at line 92 is where rhgb is started.
You only need to add a line:

rhgb-client --details=yes

after rhgb is started. Maybe you will have to add a

sleep N

where N is replaced by the appropriate number of seconds that you must wait
for the X server to start. So do something like that:

/usr/bin/rhgb
sleep 5
/usr/bin/rhgb-client --details=yes

for example. Good luck!