Re: Re : FC4: unable to initialize mutex: Function not implemented

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 05:55:07PM +0200, John Pover wrote:
> Mogens,
>
> Yes, I do have that environment variable. Problem is : I cant do without it
> ! Why : because the  Ansys-software I use professionaly is only supported up
> to Red Hat 7.3 and the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL-variable was a neat way to get the
> best of both worlds and it worked upto Fedora Core 3. So it's either not
> using Ansys or going back to Red Hat 7.3 !

Or using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL env variable solely for the program that really
needs it and not for all other programs.
I.e. don't export it in your environment, just when you run ansys-whatever
you run it e.g. as
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 ansys-whatever some arguments

	Jakub