Gnome Clock & Applets Font Color

Hey lads,

My background image is mostly black, and I have the gnome-panel color set to transparent most of the time, or when its a solid color, its black, so I have a problem, which is that all gnome applets [clock, weather, etc] use a black font to print their text, which obviously, doesn't show on the black panel...

So is there some way I can edit the font the panel-applets use to display text [say turn it into white for example] so that I can easily read them on my black panel?

--
Cheers,
     A. Helmy