Re: Yummy Ideas

Malcolm Candlish wrote:
Thank you Paul Howarth and Kam Leo I used the base usl http:
//www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub
/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
on all files in my /etc/yum.repos.d and get the following re
sult:-

[root malcolm malcolm]# yum install yumex
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
updates
[1/4]
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates

What's in your /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo file?

I received a letter from Leon & Tim complaining that my mail
could not be read. This my be due to my using a bigfoot web
account while my FC5 is being set up. This should be in pla
in text. I hope that this is readable.

It's perfectly readable, though a quoted-printable encoding would probably have been better than base64.

Paul.