Re: Howto: rolling your own FC5 Kickstart installer DVD's?

On 5/2/06, Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx redfish-solutions com> wrote:
Is there a good document on how to explode the FC5 DVD .iso file, add or
subtract some files and RPM's, maybe add a ks.cfg file to it, and then
put it all
back together again?

Seems that this would be a handy tool... I'd like to be able to do automated
installs of FC5...

Not sure of any docs, but here's what I do to add a kickstart file to a DVD

ORIG=original-dvd.iso

mkdir -p orig.mnt
mount -o loop -t iso9660 $ORIG orig.mnt
rm -rf new
cp -va orig.mnt new

# Edit new/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
# add kickstart file to new

mkisofs -o my-new.iso \
      -b isolinux/isolinux.bin \
      -c isolinux/boot.cat \
      -no-emul-boot \
      -boot-load-size 4 \
      -boot-info-table \
      new

I then test out the DVD image with qemu (there are already far too
many coasters in this world) before burning it to DVD.

You may find http://www.users.on.net/~rgarth/weblog/fedora/patch_cd.autumn
useful for updating/adding rpms etc