Re: 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5.i686 internet performance

On 5/3/06, Vassilios Kotoulas <fedoralist kotoulas de> wrote:
hi,

> > I use ppp to connect to the internet. Has anybody noticed the same
> > issues? Any Idea how to fix this?

> I would suggest going back to the previous kernel.  In the past 24
> hours I've seen a number of posts concerning problems with that
> kernel.  I'll be waiting for the next release unless someone can
> positively assertain that the problem is isolated to a few users.
> Unless this release is offering a feature or a security patch that is
> a must, best avoid any further headaches by skipping that version of
> the kernel.

this does surely work ;) this leads me to my next question. with the
next yum kernel update my 2nd oldest kernel (the only one known to work
good) will be removed. how can I avoid this?

Yes - go to /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/
Edit installonlyn.conf - set enabled=0

V.Rudenko
--