Re: How are OS updates handled by default in FC5?

"Dan Kegel" <dank kegel com> writes:

> What I'm confused about is - what is the *default* status?  By default,
> yum is not run from a cron job, is it?  And pup is not run automatically
> on user login, is it?  In other words, is it true that FC5 by default
> requires manual action before a user can see the list of current security
> updates?

By default automatic updates are not enabled. There is a cron job for this,
but it only runs if the yum service is enabled. So to enable automatic
updates, enable the yum service.

To see a list of the updated packages, I think that yum sends email to root
containing a list of all recently updated packages once in a while.

Regards
Ingemar