Re: Failed to burn DVD+RW

At 9:21 AM +0100 5/4/06, Paul Smith wrote:
>On 5/4/06, Stephen Liu <satimis yahoo com> wrote:
>> > Here, I have
>> >
>> > cdrecord-2.01.1-5
>> > k3b-0.12.15-0.1.fc3.kde
>> > dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-2
>>
>> I got "k3b-0.12.15-0.1.fc3.kde" download on;
>>

>>http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=26&dist=41&size=4819665&name=k3b-0.12.15-0.
>>1.fc3.kde.i386.rpm
>>

>> Is it necessary to have "k3b-0.11.14-2", the old package, removed first
>> before installing the new package?  OR installing the new package will
>> overwrite the old one automatically.
>
>...Are you sure that your disk is not damaged?

I can't burn DVD+R with cdrecord, but I can with growisofs.  There is
probably a similar issue with DVD+RW.  Note that the open-source version of
cdrecord has DVD writing added by others, and there appears to be no
intentional Plus support, as no Plus modes are reported.

However, the usual use of DVD+RW is to format it and then just use it as a
regular (but slow) disk device.  I believe an additional driver is needed.
I haven't tried any DVD+/-RWs yet.