libX11

Hi. I'm trying to compile code on FC5, and it wants a static link to libX11.a I've read through the archives and elsewhere on the web, and it seems like this library doesn't exist in FC5, so I should dynamic link to something else instead. So, how do I do that, and to what do I link? Sorry to be so thick, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I did install xorg-x11-devel, but find doesn't turn up any likely libraries anywhere.

Thanks,
Becks