Re: Problem with mounting hard disk after FC5 installation

What type of partition is yours?  Mine's an ext2.  I'm thinking of running
tune2fs to convert it to ext3 to see if that makes a difference.

Mine's ext3.

I have suspicions that the problem lies somewhere further down than
the filesystem, because the hard disk partition doesn't actually
appear in sysfs until I run partprobe.

I'm not quite sure what partprobe pokes though.

Are you using LVM?

Rob