Re: Updating in FC5

Did you update to FC5 from FC4 (or earlier)? If so, I found problems
going this route myself and solved them by doing a straight install of
FC5 rather than an update : now everything works OK (incidentally, don't
forget to let the install format the / partition).
I have also found it VERY profitable to keep one's /home on a separae HD
and then, even if one has to do a new install, all one's settings for
desktop and so on are retained.
CroombeFP