Re: A FC6 suggestion.

On 5/5/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:
In the latest Linux Journal in the etc/rant column the author makes an
interesting suggestion that I think the Fedora people should consider.
He points out the problem of associating entries in the fstab file with
a LABEL-/. If one runs more than one Linux version more than one
partition  might have this label.

I would like to make the suggestion that the Default Label be more
descriptive. The author suggests something like FC%32ROOT.

I question if this necessary. You can have entries in fstab with or
without labels. I've had 3 single Fedora installations on single drive
across multiple partitions and never have run into a problem in the
installer or usage nor have I had to manually edit fstab for this. I
think in Anaconda the labels will start shifting to /1, /2, /home1
etc. Since at runtime you don't deal with partition labels, just their
mount points, it really is not a serious concern.

Just my opinion.

-Mauriat