Re: Asterisk and AMP RPM's

On Friday, May 05, 2006 10:41 AM +0200 Patrick <fedora puzzled xs4all nl> wrote:

Yup. If I find the time this weekend I will have a look how easy or
difficult it is to setup. If it's doable I'll try to make an rpm and put
it up somewhere.

Thanks!

My approach would be to unpack the PHP app into /opt or perhaps /usr/share (if nothing needs to be writable in the code path, since /usr likes to be read-only in principle). Then use a file in /etc/httpd/conf.d to create an alias to the installation directory. (See Mailman for an example.)

About a year ago I was watching the Asterisk list and submitted some updates to their spec file as the RPM info on the VOIP wiki needed some work:

<http://home.sewingwitch.com.8000.nyud.net:8090/Stuff/Asterisk/asterisk.spec>

I don't know if any of this was adopted into the normal release, though.