How is possible to install gutenprint over gimp-print on fedora core 5

Hi all,

I'm tryng to use an Epson Stylus DX4800 but CUPS don't have the model
listed.

So I searched on internet and fedora list, and I found that gimp-print
is very old and now is available the release candidate for gutenprint.

I don't know if is possible to install it at the same time of
gimp-print.
I tried yum remove gimp-print* but it unistall also gimp that is
dependent.

I would like to leave gimp installed.

Someone is using gutenprint?

Can someone help me?