Re: The new kernel 2.6.16-1.2111 - nice

On Sat, 6 May 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:

Now I've also removed the synaptics drivers, trying to get rid of the crazy effects it can do when typing and your hand or a finger gets within an inch of this damned touchpad and all of a sudden your curser has moved to someplace else on the screen. But even after rebooting again after removal of the drivers, I still have a touchpad, but now it complains about synch losses.

Do I have to make the dealer disconnect it to get rid of it?

Or you could learn to configure the driver. All those effects are highly controllable--see /usr/share/doc/synaptics-0.14.4/. Check out gsynaptics for a GUI configurator (not sure how well it works). Also take a look at syndaemon (part of the synaptics rpm), which might help with your wandering thumbs when typing.

You might also be able to disable the touchpad in the BIOS if nothing else makes you happy.
--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu