Re: Upgrade from RH Enterprise to FC 5: what problems to expect?

Rob wrote:

A while ago, a vendor of commercial software
insisted his software ran only when using Redhat
Enterprise Linux. Eversince we are stuck with
RedHat Linux WS release 3 (Taroon Update 5).

This RH Enterprise version is 'not-so-legal',
and thus we can not upgrade or fix bugs.
Hence, I consider installing Fedora Core 5 instead.

If you want something "very close" to RHEL3 you may wish to consider CENTOS3 http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=2