Re: SOLVED: No volume control elements and/or devices found.

Kayvan A. Sylvan:
>> When I log in to the Gnome desktop, I see this message:
>>
>> 	No volume control elements and/or devices found.

> Running gst-register as root and then logging out and back in fixed
> the problem.

I've occasionally seen this problem, but always without any discernable
reason as to why.  But I've run that gst-register command as the user
with the problem to fix it.  It resets that particular user's settings.

I do not recall whether a log out and back in again was necessary.

I read messages from the public lists.