bash / word seperators

Back in 'ye olden days, we used to have a customized version of bash
that recognized '/' as a word separator; which was very nice when
editing command lines, a CTRL-W would not erase your whole typed path,
just back to the slash.

Without building a new version of bash, how can I make the shell
recognize '/' as a word separator???

TIA,

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { brian visionpro com || brian doubledimension com }
--
> This is a test.  This is only a test!
  Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
  told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!