Re: install of fc5 while running fc4?

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 11:58 -0700, David L wrote:
> is there an easy way to extract all of the RPMs into the root
> partition of what will become the fc5 root partition so I can save
> a few hours during the installation?

I think FC5 can do hard drive installs like prior versions.  Just put
the installation files into a directory on the partitions you're going
to keep, and use the "ask method" installation, so you can use those
files instead of installing from CD/DVD.  That's usually much quicker,
CDs aren't very quick, DVDs mayn't be quick either.

I read messages from the public lists.