Re: Yum update on FC5 install new kernel but don't update grub.conf

On 05/08/2006 11:34:48 PM, Dan wrote:

Why yum is removing the older kernel?

The yum installonlyn plugin. By default it keeps two kernels, the new one being installed and the one currently being used. I believe this is configurable.

It is.  Edit /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf

Either turn it off by setting enabled to 0 or edit the tokeep number to something you like better than two. I myself have 5.

Cheers,
Rikke