Re: VMware wants C headers at /usr/src/linux/include

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Ambrogio wrote:

Il giorno lun, 08/05/2006 alle 20.36 -0400, James Pifer ha scritto:
I've installed both src and devel packages for my kernel on FC5. I still
don't have anything at /usr/src/linux/include, which is where vmware
player is looking for the C headers.

Can anyone tell me which packages I might be missing?

Did you actually try to rerun the script after installing kernel-devel? I've seen the error you see when kernel-devel is missing, but vmware-config finds the right place once kernel-devel is installed.

maybe you need also the link in /usr/src that poin linux into the right
kernel in kernels directory.

Shouldn't. I've never had to make such a link. And it would be a pain to maintain when kernels get updated.

Bye
Ambrogio

--
		Matthew Saltzman