Re: Strange facts against Fedora bloat

Aaron Konstam wrote:
In an article by Mick Bauer in the June 2006 Linux Journal the following
packages statistcs were quoted:
Debian 15,000
Suse !0.0  4,000
RHEL ES4  1,700 (includes Extras)

Well feeling that FC5 was bloated since growing to 5 CD-s I decided to
count the RPMS. The result was 2190.

Mick Bauer says that RedHat wants to be slim and trim. I am awed by the
comparison of numbers of packages. I know there are Extras but still I
never knew we were slim and trim before.
That may be how many are on the media...but just extras has more than that, in addition to this number.
-Dan