Re: unknown user: root

Marian POPESCU wrote:
Hello all,

I am struggling here with the most weird thing to date (for me).
These are the facts:
I cannot log into my FC5 box.
While booting I get lots of error messages: "unknown user: root";

Sounds like the selinux label for /etc/passwd can be wrong. Try booting with selinux=0 on the kernel commandline and see if everything is the same.

-Andy