Re: sendmail problem

in /etc/hosts you need to have your domain name listed first.

127.0.0.1 indystar.com localhost

I had the same problem and the above fixed it.

-chris

On 5/8/06, Mike Kent indystar com <Mike Kent indystar com > wrote:

Thanks. I tried your suggestion, adding localhost and localhost.localdomain into local-host-names, restarted sendmail and neither sendmail -bt -d0 < /dev/null nor mail to helocheck cbl abuseat org showed any change. Both still say sendmail's ID is localhost.localdomain.

Les Mikesell < lesmikesell gmail com>

05/08/06 05:43 PM

Please respond to
For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>

For users of Fedora Core releases < fedora-list redhat com>
cc
Subject
Re: sendmail problem

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:21, Mike Kent indystar com wrote:
> Thank you very much. This would work if we didn't want to use
> sendmail.mc - unfortunately my team does want to use the configuration
> file, and we can't figure out what's keeping masquerade_as from
> working with Fedora 4 when it worked fine with previous releases,
> including Red Hat 9. Can anyone shed light on why this happened?

Masquarade_as is applied only to things where the From: address
is configured to be accepted as local. Do you have the domains
that aren't being rewritten in /etc/mail/local-hostnames?  (You
have to restart sendmail after a change on that file).

--
 Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell gmail com