Re: cpp to rpm

Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All

I have got the source of a program, which consists of a bunch of .cpp
and .h files. I would like to create a rpm from those files. Could
someone here please give me some directions in case it is possible and
easy? Usually, one only has to run ./configure and then make and
checkinstall, but in this case there is no configure file.

Thanks in advance,

Now's the time to learn to make real packages instead of using checkinstall :-)

Some useful references:
http://freshrpms.net/docs/fight/
http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/guru+guides.php
http://rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/