Re: cpp to rpm

On 5/10/06, Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org> wrote:
> I have got the source of a program, which consists of a bunch of .cpp
> and .h files. I would like to create a rpm from those files. Could
> someone here please give me some directions in case it is possible and
> easy? Usually, one only has to run ./configure and then make and
> checkinstall, but in this case there is no configure file.

Now's the time to learn to make real packages instead of using
checkinstall :-)

Some useful references:
http://freshrpms.net/docs/fight/
http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/guru+guides.php
http://rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/

Thanks, Paul. I will try to learn that, but in the mentioned case,
there is no configure file, contrarily to what seems to be expected to
begin the rpm creation.

Please, notice that the last two links are directed to empty pages.

Paul