Re: laptop fan permanently on in FC5

On Wed, 10 May 2006 02:42:12 +0100, Dave Mitchell <davem iabyn com>
opined:
> under FC3, my laptop fan seemed to do the right thing: off or
> nearly off most of the time; switching to a high speed whirh after
> the CPU had been at max freq for a while.
>
> Since installing FC5 (and putting in a higher-capacity hard disk),
> the fan is contantly on at a low-ish speed regardless of CPU
> frequency.
>
> Any ideas where I should look?
>
> Its a Dell D400 with 1.4GHz Intel Centrino.

You first need to eliminate the possibility that you have unexpected
resource consumption. "top" ? BTW, this happened to me when I first
install FC5 due to Beagle.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php