Re: haldaemon won't start

Josenildo Marques wrote:

There were none. I must have disbaled some services connected with haldaemon, I wonder ? The last one I remember stopping was the Blue Tooth service...I don't have any blue tooth. As a home user, I'd like to know wich services are essential and which I can disable without any problems...
Thanks.

You can certainly turn off bluetooth, isdn and so on without trouble.

Try running

/usr/sbin/hald --debug=on

from a root console and see what it says. This is basically what service hadaemon start is doing, but maybe this way you can get a clue about the source of the problem from errors to the console.

-Andy