Re: Bandwidth Cap on WAN traffic

I know its not traffic shaping in any regard. I have the server plan from my ISP (open port 80/25, upload of 2Mbps) and all the other servers/workstations on my network can upload at full speed... Its measured from a download client on an external network.

On 5/11/06, Kenneth Porter <shiva sewingwitch com> wrote:
On Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:50 AM -0400 Ragone_Andrew <kc2lto gmail com>
wrote:

> I have been having an issue with upload from Apache on FC5 capping
> uploads between 15 and 20 KBps. On my local LAN, there is no limit. I do
> not have iptables configured and mod_bandwidth does not seem to be
> included in the httpd.conf. I am not sure what else may be limiting this
> outgoing traffic and as of now I believe it is limited only to HTTP
> traffic as SFTP transfers are at my full 2Mbit upload (~230 KBps)... Any
> suggestions on what the problem may be would be appreciated!

How are you measuring the cap?

You may be running into ISP shaping. They've started doing that to limit
P2P traffic, particularly BitTorrent, and it's possible they threw in a
rule to limit HTTP traffic as well.