Re: Good Bye FC5

Rex Dieter wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

    I upgraded to FC5 because it was claimed that it is better. But some
of my best "legacy" software in X-windows looks diffirent and does not
work well.

Without mentioning any details (what software?  what problems?), no-one
can/will fix it.

-- Rex

OK Rex the 2 files are gmfsk written by Tomi Mannon in Finland and Xlog written on Source Forge. They are Amateur Radio programs and they require fftw2 and hamlib which I yummed and that part is fine. The problem is when they come up in FC5 they look odd and much of the buttons do not work.

Tomi said the gnome has changed too much. I just checked and both applications are normal on FC4. I am not smart enough to do anything. I tried to yum install xtk-devel and it does not exist says yum.

Karl