Re: moving email from fc4 to fc5 in evolution

On 5/14/06, Timothy Payne <tim tmpco com> wrote:
I tried the import but it's only for other programs.  I'm afraid to just
copy data from my fc4 machine to a new fc5 install on another machine
and make a big mess.  I have the old data on the new machine in a
separate directory.  Any suggestions on how and what data to copy over
would be appreciated, I'm not clear on how Evolution stores data.

just copy your .evolution directory from yuo home directory on the fc4
to your new home in fc5 machine...

Evolution will do the rest...

I used to stuff around with backups before upgrades etc etc, now I
dont bother,  I just preserve my home directory each time...

OF course, shit happens, but not often..

--
Rob