Re: xorg optimization and mtrr

On 5/15/06, Gilboa Davara <gilboad gmail com> wrote:

I assume that latest nvidia drivers mean, "Latest nVidia closed source
binary driver 87.56"?

Yes, latest one up there,

In general, you should consider posting this question in nvnews support

I would have thought it was an xorg issue or kernel issue.

Never the less, what does your dmesg say (after you switch to init 5)

Nothing, a couple of lines about the nvidia module being loaded adn
how it taints the kernel.  Thats all?

I am not sure but I thought mtrr was somethnig to do with kernel
access to tthe gfx ram?  Is that right or am I totaly on the wrong
page here?

--
Rob