Re: Q re networking, might need guru

Gene Heskett wrote:
Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 18/05/06, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
Looking at some traffic with tethereal (no thats not a typo, I asked yum
to install ethereal and thats what I got) I note that it has to
'reassemble' the 'PDU' of the majority of the traffic flowing over wlan0.

I'm afraid I can't offer any help with your network problem, but if
you wanted to install the graphical interface to ethereal, do a yum
install ethereal-gnome.

Jonathan.

Thanks. I'm not sure its showing me what I want to see, but I'll either figure it out or go back to etherape.

Unforch, that didn't want to actually display anything but a packet list, and now I cannot go back to etherape, installing ethereal-gnome screwed something up, and not even a new make install of etherape after removing ethereal-gnome brings it back.

The error reported when I try to run etherape now is:
[root diablo etherape-0.9.6]# etherape

(EtherApe:20159): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_property: object class `GtkFrame' has no property named `orientation'

and its hung till I ctl-c it. And it was running quite nicely when I stopped it to give ethereal a try. How can I fix this?

--
Cheers, Gene