Re: Best way to play recording in Fedora

Gene Heskett wrote:
WGregory wrote:

I am running Fedora 5 on my test system.  I inserted a music CD on the
Fedora 5 system.  It began playing the CD using Totem 1.3.92.  However,
I cannot access files on the CD.  Mount shows "automount."   There is
nothing in the /mnt or /media directories.

Music cd's are not file system related, and you cannot "mount" an audio cd. In fact, if you can, its in all probability one of the sony/bmg things that has the rootkit on it, rigged to auto-install in windows without asking you. Do NOT ever insert it in a windows machine or it will be an infected machine thats very difficult to clean.

Mixed mode CDs have been common for quite some time, they're quite
popular as a way of putting videos or links to access special content
online onto singles/albums, Sony/BMG nastiness aside.

--
imalone