Re: udev hangs in FC5

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On 19 May 2006 19:56:53 -0400, dj+fedora delorie com
<dj+fedora delorie com> wrote:

"Lonni J Friedman" <netllama gmail com> writes:
> I just installed FC5 (x86) on a Samsung R65 notebook, and when booting
> it completely locks up when starting udev.  Anyone have any ideas?

I've seen it happen occasionally on my inspiron 6400.  A reboot
usually "fixes" it, but I don't know what causes it.

I've attempted to boot about 10 times now, and it happens every time.

I have seen this on every upgrade/install I've done. In grub add selinux=0 to the kernel line and it will boot fine.

--
Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator