Re: udev hangs in FC5

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On 5/19/06, Kevac Marko <mkevac gmail com> wrote:
Booting from rescue cd and turning off the kudzu worked for me. Try.

/sbin/chkconfig kudzu off

The udev boot hang is before kudzu runs.

Had the same problem. In my situation, it seemed to be something to do with the probing parallel port. Booted in rescue mode and edited the /etc/sysconfig/modules/udev-stw.modules and removed 'parport_pc parport lp' from the 'for' line and it's been booting just fine ever since. Put the printer intialization in the rc.local for the moment and everything works. Have no explanation.

Cokey

believed to be clean.