Re: "isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry" when booting Fedora Core 5 installation DVD

Hello,
Thnks for your answer!
I did not mention it, but I used growisofs according to what I saw on the web,
on fedora RELNOTES thread:
see:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-relnotes-content/2006-March/msg00052.html

So it is starnge to me that it did not work.

Regards,
IB

On 5/21/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 08:27 +0300, Ian Brown wrote:
> I had downloaded the dvd image for Fedora Core 5 (FC-5-i386-DVD.iso)
> from fedora site. sha1sum on the image gave results according to what
> should be. I am able to mount the DVD and read it contents.
> I am burning it with:
> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=FC-5-i386-DVD.iso
>
> when booting it I get:
> "isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry"
> boot fauled: press a key to retry.

The first thing that springs to mind is to try without the -dvd-compat
switch.  The ISO image should already be in the correct format, and not
need any further tweaking.

Otherwise, you might want to try experimenting with using cdrecord, or
not installing from a DVD (e.g. do the installation from the ISO file on
the hard disk somewhere).

I read messages from the public lists.