Re: Postfix Problems

On Sun, 21 May 2006 17:19:28 -0400, CodeHeads <codeheads gmail com>
opined:

> I should have have more info in the first email. Sorry about that.
>
> Yes, in the main.cf file:
> relayhost = [outgoing.verizon.net]
> smtp_sasl_auth_enabled = yes
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/path/to/passwd
> smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
>
> In the password file:
> outgoing.verizon.net	user verizon net:pass

That's OK. I prefer not to trust my recall of this issue.

The best thing about Postfix is that one of the developers
(usually Victor or Weitse) will answer your question in the Postfix
mailing list very quickly. That said, I know that this question has
been asked and answered. You might want to search the list archives
first.

If you contact me off list, I will give you a temporary user name and
password to try on our server just to make sure that the problem
isn't on Verizon's end.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php