Problem installing FC5 on Asus P5RD1-VM based system

The problem I have is with the on board ATI Xpress 200 video. When anaconda tries to start up X the display is color hashed. I eventually installed using the text install but I can't get the networking to work properly and most of the setup utils require X. I tried installing the ATI proprietary driver but it doesn't work with Xorg7.

Any help is apreciated.

Thanks

John