ntpq no longer working -

I changed from fc4 to fc5, isp from dial-up to a satellite connection [Wildblue], and added a "wireless" router [radio frequency link] to my system, all in the space of about a week. In the process I seem to have lost the ability to query ntp with "ntpq -p."

It produces an error message:

ntpq  -p
Name or service not known

The servers I  have been using for more than a year are:

# /etc/ntp.conf # server clock2.redhat.com server ntp-1.cns.vt.edu server ntp-2.cns.vt.edu server ntp-3.cns.vt.edu server ntp-4.cns.vt.edu

I use Firestarter to control the firewall and it doesn't show ntp being blocked, in fact I can stop Firestarter and the problem is still there?

Any thoughts on where to look or what to try next appreciated.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod