Re: Security question - running a root command not being root

"Vivek J. Patankar" <list307 gmail com> writes:

> > Is there a way i can do this? without violating the "normal" security
> > rules? I mean no changing permissions to the command *tcpdump*.
>
> sudo

sudo is the best answer, since you can give them permission to
run any particular command(s).

But for nostalgia's sake, you could create a group "dumpers",
put those users in the group, change ownership of tcpdump to
root.dumpers, and chmod it +s.

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd triumf ca