DVD playing on Linux

I have burned hours of time trying to get FC4 to play a simple commercial DVD in my DVD player on this computer. I can put the DVD in my laptop with Windows XP and it automatically comes up with the movie starting.

I realize the movie industry has been very bad about things and the work towards getting a DVD reader for Linux is being done in Europe away from the goons in Hollywood.

Totem comes up saying I don't have "libdvdcss" so it can't work. Xine says it can't even get to the DVD because /dev/dvd/ is root only.

Yes I tried to yum the lib and it can't find it. I have done everything the good web page

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html

has done I have done. Still it all does not work. I have loaded Totem, Xine and Mplayer and all three do not work.

Karl