Best YUM configuration?

Hello!
I'm a new FC5 user, migrated from Mandriva after its implosion. My experience with package management comes mainly from their URPMI system. As such, I'm wondering -- what are the best YUM repositories to use? From what I've read so far, there are two main groups beyond the default ones which are mutually exclusive. You can either go with livna/fedora.us, or you can go with the dag/freshrpms/dries/newrpms group. What are the relative merits of the two, and what would the list recommend?

As a side question, I haven't been able to find a package for lilo in any of the standard yum repositories, and it doesn't appear to be on the system (it wasn't an option in the installer). Does such a package exist, and if so, where?

Clint Olson