Re: how to "yum update" to something in the development repo?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2006, anthony baldwin wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 15:26 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

 on my FC5 system, i currently have make-3.80-10.2 and want to
upgrade to make-3.81 out of [development].  so i tried:

 # yum --enablerepo=development update make

and was told there is no match.  am i misunderstanding the protocol
for updating out of rawhide?  i surfed over to development and the rpm
is certainly there.

Curious. Your exact command, pasted into a shell, worked fine for me
here.

Paul.

Perhaps you (the original poster) need to add a repo that Paul has
but you´re missing?

ok, that's just plain weird.  suddenly, it shows up in my list of
possible updates with *exactly* the same command as before.  (and i
mean *exactly* since i used shell history to grab it.)

strange.

rday
Lose the = between enablerepo and development.

--
Glennzo
Glenn Johnson