Re: Problems with nvidia driver from Livna 8762

Am Samstag, den 27.05.2006, 12:58 -0500 schrieb Jonathan Berry:
> On 5/27/06, Dan <grinnz gmail com> wrote:
>  Could the old kernel module still be loaded after doing an
> "init 3"?

Yes, probably.

>   I didn't think to check that.  I don't recall ever having
> this kind of problem before when just using the nVidia shell script
> installer.

The script installer forces you to enter runlevel 3. It can unload the
module from there. The rpm often will be installed while X is running --
it can remove the old module at that point.

Thinking about it: We could provie a script for /etc/profile.d that
could unload the module during the next X (re)start. That would be a
real hack, but probably the only solution for this problem.

CU
thl
--
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info>