Re: [udev] Changing USB scanner group permissions

On 5/30/06, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:
Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> On one of my FC5 workstation I've got a USB scanner that's being
> shared by me and my GF.
> I've created a "sane" group (which includes us both) and edited the
> /etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules file adding "GROUP="sane",
> MODE="0660"" to the (appropriate) scanner line.
> When I connect the scanner, the /dev/bus/sub/x/x device node ownership
> changes to "gilboa:sane" (as configured) but somehow, someone
> re-modifies (?) the access mode to 0600 (instead of 0660).
>
> Anyone has any idea which file I should edit to keep the scanner
> access mode at 0660 (instead of 0600)?
>
> Thanks,
> Gilboa
> P.S. I did get it to work just fine on FC4. I just don't seem to
> remember what I did to make it work...

I am not on my FC box at the moment, but you can take a look at
/etc/security/console.perms - this controls the
ownership/permissions when you log in/out from the local machine.

Mikkel

Mikkel,

I've modified the scanner access mode in
/etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms and the scanner gets
the right access mode now.

Thanks.
Gilboa