Re: Burning iso images with nero

On Monday 29 May 2006 09:42, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 5/29/06, Jon Ingason <Jon Ingason telia com> wrote:
> > > I'm about to write my fedora core iso to a dvd rom.
> > >
> > > However, I've gotten problem with this. When I write the image it goes
> > > very fast at writing, about 4 minutes. Then I get a small part of the
> > > dvd image on to my dvd, but not the hole image.
> > >
> > > What could be wrong?
> >
> > If you have not checked your DVD-image (ISO) with sha1sum, do that. It
> > might be corrupt.
>
> Or, simply, run the following command:
>
> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso
>
> (Use a RW disk, just in case...)
>
> Paul

Actually -R disks work just fine, at least for me.

I see Nero in the subject line above.  Does this mean that you're trying to
use Nero under Windbloze to create the DVD?  What are you doing with the DVD
after it is burned?

The growisofs solution under linux as Paul shows above would be much
preferable to Nero.

HTH
Tom

--