Re: Cut, Copy, Paste Nightmare

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 13:56 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:

So in summary after copy or cut, I am never sure whether shift-insert
or the mouse-middle-button will paste the just cut text. Frequently,
neither works properly.

Anyone else? Any suggestions? This is one of those minor annoyances
that is extremely frustrating at times.

Using Oracle and Netscape we had to use Abiword in-between to cut & paste at all. Copy from Netscape, paste to Abiword, copy from Abiword, paste to Oracle. What a royal pain. It was explained to me, but I have forgotten the reason. Linux will never make it to Joe Lunchbucket's computer until it becomes resolved, and this problem goes back a LONG way. It was 6 years ago when we were doing that procedure to copy, cut & paste.  I feel your pain. :) Ric